The Indian Pursuit and Indian Challenger gain a suspension advantage over the competition with new FOX electronic ride height rear shock technology, allowing the rider to make a simple but important shock preload adjustment by scrolling through the Ride Command controls menu and adding total weight.
Now rider and passenger don’t need to get off the bike, remove the side cover and turn a wrench to change ride height and reduce sag. The rider takes control of comfort and performance for solo, two-up or loaded adventures, changing ride height from solo to two-up in less than a minute.
Providing up to one inch of preload travel, the FOX electronically adjustable preload rear shock system creates 1,600 pounds of hydraulic force to compress and support the spring, removing the need to readjust the shock manually.
What does this mean for rider comfort and control? A negative coil spring prevents harsh top-outs, feel and noise while providing small bump compliance in the unloaded position.
The two-inch aluminum body houses an internal floating piston (IFP), standard technology across all FOX vehicle suspension. FOX’s super high-flowing pistons maintain that smooth fluid ride characteristic of a big V-twin. The IFP separates the nitrogen gas from the shock oil, maintaining damping control no matter how long or how hard you ride. The rear monoshock provides 4.5 inches travel.
FOX engineers included a DC motor to provide adjustment of spring preload to the pre-existing hydraulic system. A rotational potentiometer (an instrument for measuring voltage or ‘potential difference’ by comparison of an unknown voltage with a known reference voltage) provides feedback to allow the system to recognize the amount of preload applied.
The new electronically adjustable rear suspension preload comes standard on the Indian Pursuit Dark Horse and Pursuit Limited with Premium Package. Also available as an accessory upgrade for standard Indian Pursuit Dark Horse, Indian Pursuit Limited, and all Indian Challenger models.
FOX Electronically Adjustable Preload Shock System:
- Quick and easy preload adjustment using the Ride Command controls menu without having to dismount, remove the side cover and manually turn a wrench
- Just 56 seconds to change ride height from solo to two-up
- Unloading the spring takes just 25 seconds
- Rider can make further adjustments easily after start of journey
- DC motor provides adjustment of spring preload hydraulic system
- Rotational potentiometer provides feedback to allow system to recognize the amount of preload applied
- System creates 1,600 pounds of hydraulic force to compress and support the spring
- Hydraulic system is the same as the existing Indian Challenger hydraulic system
- 2-inch aluminum monoshock body
- Internal floating piston (IFP) separates the nitrogen gas from the shock oil to maintain damping control
- Rear monoshock provides 4.5 inches of travel
- How Polaris Worked With FOX To Find The Ultimate RZR Tune
- How To Maximize Your Overland Expo Experience With FOX Academy
- New FOX Electronic Preload Rear Shock Tech Boosts Indian Pursuit and Challenger Bagger Performance
- The Intelligence Behind FOX 3.0 Live Valve X2 For RZR
- How Shocks Make A Difference When You Tow
- How To Adjust DSC Factory Settings